[thelist] Re:A Better Windows Email Client

Benjamin kalos at carolina.rr.com
Wed Aug 14 15:32:01 CDT 2002

At 03:00 PM 8/14/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>I as well would like to move from Outlook - but does Mozilla Mail (or
>any of the other suggestions) have a decent Contact DB/Calendar program
>as well?

That's my main gripe with most conceptions of email clients.  First being
that anything over 2 megs should never be sent as an attachment
however*.  Outlook is more of an Office Management client than an email
client given the aforementioned calendar/contact list.

I've used Eudora for years as an email client and had no problems.

If you truly need all of the office integration utilities and don't like
the macro trojans/viruses that the MS product has I recommend Open Office
at http://www.openoffice.org/ .

* Having worked at an ISP during the Pam & Tommy Lee video hayday I've
throttled anyone attempting to use email for file transfer. Normal users I
have them ftp it to their ISP's provided website and corporate users post
it to an intranet.