[thelist] diaster recovery with WAP and palm pilots. . .

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Thu Aug 15 01:45:01 CDT 2002

What a great idea - I think that your main issue is going to be
communicating to people  how they can contact the page in an emergency
though. It has to becoma almost second nature in some way as people who are
scared for their lives don't have much time to look up contact details.

You might consider SMS or text messaging as well - I don't know what the
penetration is in the US, but here in Europe texting is astonishingly
popular. Set up so that if someone texts the message 911 (for instance) to a
certain number they get an autoresponse message containing information.

Otherwise I would agree with Daniel - think about building a "central"
version and adding translators. Don't forget too that many communications
devices can also handle raw text pages...

Good luck with the project.

.steve

<SNIP>