[thelist] PayPal with Local Database

Brian W. Reaves brian at brianreaves.com
Thu Aug 15 14:52:41 CDT 2002

<snip>
You're looking for their instant payment notification.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/xcl/rec/ipn-intro

Oren
</snip>

I want to add a PayPal process to a site which accepts deposits from renters
and holds it on behave of owners. After a given time period the renter will
request a refund. If the owner grants the refund, the site will process the
refund. If the owner refuses the refund it is sent to the owner. We estimate
the volume on the site to be too large to handle a manual process.

Any ideas on how PayPal can be incorporated or another system that can work
in this manor, please send...

TIA,
Brian