[thelist] Discussing XHTML and ROI with your "boss"

Eduardo Dominguez lalo at teligens.com
Thu Aug 15 16:25:01 CDT 2002

Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:

> 2. valid XHTML is valid XML. Ok, great - sounds good - but WHY is
> this good for my BOSS? What are some reasons I can give the business
> guy to move them in that direction? You can parse XHTML with an xml
> parser right? So what? What does that get him? That's what we will be
> asked. In effect, what is the ROI for XHTML? (eek, acronym pain)

For what I have read, WML (and other such similar standards for small
devices) will soon "disappear" in favor of XHTML basic. So, a good
thought website could be displayed fine in one of this devices without
any changes (at least in design). Take a look at the Web Standards
Project page in...

http://www.dashes.com/anil/stuff/wasp_ppc.png (pocketpc)
http://www.zeldman.com/daily/pilot.html (palm)
http://www.splorp.com/junk/wasp020625.gif (newton)