[thelist] [OT] Magenta new web authoring package

John Handelaar john at evolt.org.uk
Thu Aug 15 16:56:01 CDT 2002

% -----Original Message-----
% From: thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org
% [mailto:thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org]On Behalf Of Richard Bennett
% Sent: 15 August 2002 22:44
% To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
% Subject: Re: [thelist] [OT] Magenta new web authoring package
%
% <----- Original Message -----
% <From: "Steve Lewis" <slewis at macrovista.net>
% <> It uses Python as a scripting language.
% <What do you have against Python!?
%
% Nothing - but having to learn a non-mainstream language in order to use a
% graphic applications tool is a drawback.
% For those who know and like Python, it would be an advantage.

Of course, learning Python also allows you to
program new Zope products and write cross-platform
applications (including GUI-based ones) which'll
work on pretty much any computer currently in use
anywhere...

...so it gets my vote over and above (say) VBA, which
doesn't let you do anything which Python can't also
do with Office apps.  But that's just my opinion :-)

John Handelaar

T +44 20 8933 1494       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com