[thelist] INPUT fields do not show in Netscape 4.7

jon steele jjsteele22 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 16 11:23:01 CDT 2002

Hi all

I'm trying to get this form to work in Netscape 4. I have already abandoned the aesthetics and am
just trying to make the base functionality work. The exact same page works perfectly in IE and
NS6.

The problem is that no <input> fields are showing up. I checked the source through NN4 and there
is both an opening and a closing form tag.

My guess is that the strange order of nested tags are screwing everything up. I validated the
document and there are no nesting or missing closing tags problems (just some missing type
attributes for style and script...which I'll take care of after the more important matters :).

I copied the tag layout from DOMBrowser. Basically the form fields are within table <td>'s within
absolute divs. There are also some inputs (hidden and submit) outside the divs.

Can anyone see what's wrong or has anyone experienced this before? IS there a fix? Any
recommendations for debugging on my part?

Any thoughts appreciated.
Thank you!
Jon

TAG OUTLINE (those <TABLE>'s under the div1, div2, div3 are where the input fields are)

<HTML>
  <HEAD>
  <BODY>
    <SCRIPT>