[thelist] simple (?) php question

Nan Smith nansmith at heritageconcord.org
Sat Aug 17 06:25:01 CDT 2002

Duncan,
This part I am not quite sure of, but I think that your server has "magic
quotes" turned on, so that the slashes get added automatically. Otherwise
the db would have thrown error messages when the text was added to the
table.
If I have stated this incorrectly, can someone else please comment? There
was something on this recently, but I did not pay too much attention to
it because my server does not add the slashes, I have to use the
addslashes() function.
Nan