[thelist] .htaccess files

Keith Underdown keith.underdown at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Aug 18 14:56:00 CDT 2002

The recent thread on search friendly URL's has set me thinking! I can't
decided whether the fact that my site seems to be only partially indexed is
because Google (in particular) is not following all the references because
of the parameters in the URL's or because the site was incomplete when the
robot last passed that way! I suspect the latter or else why should any of
the pages other than index.php have been indexed.

However, this arises from the various solutions offered. They all seem to
involve accessing or creating .htaccess files. My ISP does not allow my
access to the .htaccess file that they have created. If I were to drop my
own into my root would the directives *override* or *add to" those that may
already exist?

Keith
Keith Underdown
St Thomas Dudley Webmaster
Publicity Officer Spire Appeal Committee
www.cofe-st-thomas-dudley.org.uk/index.php?page_title=Welcome