[thelist] Active Server Pages: best way to verify successful record insertion

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 19 18:37:00 CDT 2002

Chris,

Maybe I don't understand fully - but after the user submits the
registration form, I would have immediately done a lookup in the DB
and return their information to them on a confirmation screen. This
is your name, this is your blah blah blah.

If you are successfully returning a confirmation page, you have the
data in your DB. Then when you go to make packets from your DB, you
have them. If the confirmation page errors out, you know there is a
problem...

Not sure if I'm shooting at what you are talking about..

Tom

[note: I changed the header, the list was picking up the title as
suspicious - mod, feel free to whack the duplicate.]

=====
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();

http://www.pixelmech.com/
http://www.maccaws.com/