[thelist] Bookmarklet for add as Sidebar

Frank framar at interlog.com
Mon Aug 19 21:18:01 CDT 2002

> but I do not know the JS voodoo needed to make it a bookmarklet.
> Would anyone care to take on this task?  I'd be very grateful.

Hi Tim,

I don't know if I'm completely off-base here, and I'm sure
some of the other fine folk will correct me if I'm wrong.
I've noticed that as a general rule posting a "Can you write
this for me?" post will seldom get the job done. The reasons
for this are numerous: people are busy, it takes a certain
amount of knowledge of the project you're on to get it
working, etc...

I have, however found that people will typically be far more
responsive to a request for help when you've actually taken
some time to figure it out, do your research and then get
stuck.

That having been said, there's a time when JS was new to me
as well. May I recommend that you check out

http://javascript.internet.com  or

http://www.google.com

Look for something that fulfills some or all  of what you are
trying to accomplish. Go find someone's page that does this,
and steal their code, and adapt it for your own needs. If after
you've got some of it working, and research really doesn't
help you out, request help for the specific part you can't
figure out.

My well intended 2 cents.

--
Frank Marion,