[thelist] Accessibility: Is there a limit?

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 20 06:40:00 CDT 2002

> From: Frank <framar at interlog.com>
[...]
> everything flows and molds itself to the user's desires--up to a
> point. If you make your browser window 100px by 100px, it becomes kind
> of hard to read.
[...]
> visually. The best it can handle is 425px wide at 100% zoom. It should
> even work with web tv.
>
> But just how far does one go with accessibility? The way I see is that
> this site primarily generated for one medium: a 14 inch monitor or
> better.

i'd say that not only have you tried, but you've been successfull...
more often than not, just taking the step toward accessibility solves
more problems than you know...

you've probably gone above the call here, and it sounds like it can
handle most situations pretty well...

clearly there will always we exceptions... the fact that you know
*when* and *how* it will break is also a step up... too many
developers don't know how their sites will break...

in the absence of support for some feature/bug/browser/user, i
maintain that you, as a developer, should know how something will
break, and do what you can to make that break as palatable for you
and your users as possible...

sounds like you're there...

--
Read the evolt.org case study