[thelist] Interfacing an unknown com object from ASP (long)

David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil
Tue Aug 20 10:51:01 CDT 2002

>Cheers for the ideas David.

Thanks. :)

>Instead I just get an error message something along the lines of
>"Incompatible types 'CardCheck'" (My server sends Swedish error messages,
so
>I've translated).
>
>According to their Windows API all the return codes are strings (he's a
>Delphi programmer and they are marked as: LPSTR in the API)

Maybe you are passing some other incompatible type into the function. I
noticed you had a number in quotes -- did you mean to pass it as a string
like that? If it's doing any kind of math-related functions on that value it
will fail with a type error.

-dave