[thelist] Censoring Photographs with Blocks

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Tue Aug 20 16:20:01 CDT 2002

Hello Experts,
Many news companies censor parts of some photographs before publishing
them on their web sites. I have seen some such censored photos on
CNN.com also. The censored parts of these photographs look like blocks
or big squares, rectangles etc. (If you zoom images to about 400% with
any software, they will look like sets of squares). Which software is
used to censor photographs in this way?
I know some Photoshop but according to my knowledge Photoshop can't do
it. Is it possible to do it with PS with the help of any plug-in?
Thank you,
Syed Zeeshan Haider.

More information about the thelist mailing list