[thelist] Apache PHP CSV

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Wed Aug 21 06:52:01 CDT 2002

[snip]
Just wondering if anyone has come across this before, I have a php file
trying
to read a some csv files running on Apache (the one I have just setup with
you
guys) and it doesn't want to read them, any ideas?

the files are located in another folder

htdocs/demo/admin/databases/

also the index.php  within the htdocs/demo/admin wont allow me to enter
through
a password form
[/snip]

Check the permissions on the files and directories (are they
world-readable?) and check the ownership/group. Apache generally runs as
"nobody" or "apache" and the group may be "nogroup" or "nobody". If the
files are owned by someone else you can either change their owndership or
edit your htaccess within that directory to allow access.

This should get you pointed in the right direction...

Jay

* Texas PHP Developers Conf  Spring 2003                  *
* T Bar M Resort & Conference Center                      *
* New Braunfels, Texas                                    *
* San Antonio Area PHP Developers Group                   *
* Interested? Contact jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com *