[thelist] Interfacing an unknown com object from ASP (long)

David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil
Wed Aug 21 09:01:01 CDT 2002

>Which means your Delphi component that accepts the function params as a
>LPSTR will probably not set the reference values
>properly . Your should ask the Delphi guy to rewrite the function with
>VARIANT* (its supported in C++) params rather than a LPSTR.

Ah yes, I forgot about that. Definitely a good idea. Inside the function he
could then convert to any data types he wants.

This also probably explains why the Cstr() on the inbound parameters didn't
work -- all VBScript variables are Variant type, period. When you Cstr() you
are actually creating a "sub-type" of string, presumably which only VBScript
understands, but it's still a variant.

Oh well, hope you get it working. :)

-dave