[thelist] Dreamweaver and forms

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Wed Aug 21 20:39:01 CDT 2002

I'm teaching our marketing folks to use DWMX so they can manage their own
little weblings. (Pray for me.)

Our Executive VP insists that there must be a simple way to create the
backend to a form using Dreamweaver (he's used to FrontPages' bots.) I'm not
a DW guru, but reading the docs and books and playing with it, looks to me
like you need to create a real backend, just like when I code by hand.

My thinking is to create (=steal) a generic formmail parser, and another for
db insertion; essentially, I do the backend, they do the frontend.

Am I being obtuse? Will DW build the backend to forms? I suspect the VP has
ulterior motives for making their web initiative independent from my
efforts, but that notwithstanding, I'd still love to know if I'm missing
something I ought to know.

tenks

joel