[thelist] one input,two outputs

list@deuxtowers.com list at deuxtowers.com
Thu Aug 22 04:32:01 CDT 2002

Hi,

In my company we're coming to produce a 50 pages reference book. We would like to publish it on an intranet and in paperback.

I would like to know if there's a standard way to have one source for the *text* (xml/sgml file ?) and  use it to make our two ouputs (html and paper). Design for the book is made by a different company.

So to resume : one text which can be updated one or twice in a year, with two designs : one for the web and one for the paper. There're tools, languages for that ?

thanks for help and advices !

Matthieu Guyonnet-Duluc