[thelist] Site check: is front page visible / centred?

Liam Delahunty ldelahunty at britstream.com
Fri Aug 23 06:50:01 CDT 2002

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The front page of this site: http://www.fairwayfunds.com/ uses flash,

I've attempted to centre the content using:

DIV.box {
	position: absolute;
	left: 50%;
	top: 10%;
	width:80%;
	height:80%;
	margin-left: -40%;
	z-index: 10;
}

DIV.behind {
	position: absolute;
	left: 50%;
	top: 10%;
	width: 80%;
	height: 80%;
	margin-left: -40%;
	background-color: #ffffff;
	color: #000000;
	font-size: 0.8em;
	font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
	z-index: 1;
}

Then within the flash parameters I specify 100% with and height, thereby I'm
hoping I get a nice box in the centre of the screen with their movie in it.

As you can see, I've also specified another layer, with a lower z-index for
those that can't see the flash, or it takes a while to load, and perhaps for
search engines. This should "disappear", once/if the flash movie has loaded.

I've checked in Win MX, Opera 6.01 and IE 5.5. Unfortunately the Mac laptop
is out of the office today, so I can't see that at the moment, and the Linux
machine is working in command line mode only - really must fix X! - so I'd
be grateful for your input.

Incidentally, this is there old site: http://www.fipinc.com/. I hope I've
improved things a little; the quarterly reports I've retained as HTML, and
are at http://www.fairwayfunds.com/sgef/ and
http://www.fairwayfunds.com/stafford/.

It's a table free layout, and again would appreciate any comments - and
suggestions for solutions if there are problems!

Kind regards,
Liam Delahunty