[thelist] Re: Stacking <div>s horizontally

Justin Stach justin at stach.co.uk
Fri Aug 23 12:45:00 CDT 2002

>> I'm at the end of my tether - I have a <div> element that I want to repeat
>> horizontally along the page without the browser flowing them to the visible
>> edge and then moving down a row. Basically I want to force a horizontal
>> scroll.

> #container {width:2000px}
> .floater   {width:200px;float:left}

Thanks Mark, but what I didn't make clear is that I won't know the overall
length of all the floaters, there could be 1 to many - I'm trying to find a
solution which doesn't require me to include a defined length in the
container because each individual <div> will be added as an included file.

Hope this makes a little more sense...

Justin