[thelist] OT - Someone Is Using My Email Address For Spam

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Fri Aug 23 13:18:00 CDT 2002

At 10:47 AM 8/23/2002, Chris wrote:

>I have the hostname and IP of the host that these messages apparently
>originated from. I don't think that this was a major spam incident as the
>sender was apparently only using MS OE (although this probably could be
>faked easy enough).
>
>Could anyone give me any advice on how to proceed with this matter.

See if you can get someone's attention at your ISP and give them the
information you have. They should be able to triangulate who used the
server and maybe track the spammer down.
---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys