[thelist] Style Sheet by Browser

Brian W. Reaves brian at brianreaves.com
Tue Aug 27 14:01:01 CDT 2002

I am using:

<!--

@import url('http://www.beachrentalvacations.com/css/css2.css');

//-->

<link REL="stylesheet" TYPE="text/css"
HREF="http://www.beachrentalvacations.com/css/css1.css">

in an attempt to control the layout on in Opera, NS4x and IE. I am noticing
Opera is picking up some code from each style sheet. In particular the color
and background of the TD in css1.css. If I remove the link to css1.css sheet
it uses the css2.css color and background for TD.

I am sure there will be other issue I will find later.

Where can I find more info on controlling which sheet is seen by each
browser? I have seen discussion on not using separate sheets and using
separate sheets.

I also saved this at some point from the list:

  html                  #foo { ... } /* IE/Win */
  html>body             #foo { ... } /* Opera */
  head:first-child+body #foo { ... } /* standards (Moz, Konq, IE/Mac...) */

If this is used instead of multiple sheets, does that mean you have to
create each of these layers for each element?

TIA,
B.