[thelist] UI: i find myself saying "click here" a lot.

Timothy J. Luoma lists at tntluoma.com
Tue Aug 27 14:24:01 CDT 2002

Chris

Congratulations, you have achieved a new level of Web Design Nirvana,
realizing the need to use different link phrases than the old "click here".

This is a very good idea for a number of reasons, including link weight
for search engines, but also for functions that list the available links
on a page, such as Opera's 'control + J' and also the add-on for IE5/6
available at
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/previous/webaccess/ie5wa.asp
(it says it is just for 5.x but I think they meant that it is not for
4.x and less cuz it works for me in IE6/win).

One thing I have grown to appreciate lately is <a href="foo">sites that
use nice long links so they are easier to spot</a> as opposed to sites
that want me to click <a href="foo">here</a> or even worse some want me
to 'click here: <a href="foo">&lt;</a>' (EEK!)

TjL

--
30 Days to becoming an Opera Lover
                                  http://www.tntluoma.com/opera/lover/