[thelist] hosting validator service?

David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil
Wed Aug 28 09:41:00 CDT 2002

>I've got exactly the same problem.
>
>Did you by chance have any direct reply that you'd like to share with
>thelist?

Nada, wish I did. I googled a bit and found some instructions for installing
the w3 validator service on IIS, but it required fiddling with the C header
files, etc. Something I can fiddle with if required (with only about a 50%
chance of success mind you) but would rather not.

	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2002May/0133.html

It seems to me that if the W3C wants people to take validation seriously
they need to make it easier for us to do so. If they can't provide a simple,
cross-platform solution (hello Perl/Python?) then why gripe about platform
independence?

I may try this route, installing Apache:

	http://www.scottishlass.co.uk/2002/05/12.html

Grrr...
-dave