[thelist] Image Ready

Tara Cleveland tara at taracleveland.com
Wed Aug 28 09:57:01 CDT 2002

Andrew wrote:
> I wanted to create a tile apearing letter by letter so I have 8 layers and 8
> frames, I thought it was really slow!I guess I will have to get used to it,
> 12345678
>
> Its not very good for moving an object across the screen in a very fluid way,
> unless there is a tool I have missed?

Hi Andrew,

You can also use the tween feature to easily move an object across the
screen. It's much quicker and smoother than moving it by hand.

Say you want to move a circle from the left side of the screen to the right.
Take the circle and place it on the left in frame 1, create a new frame,
move the circle to the right hand side (not on a new layer - just on the
next frame). Then click the tween button (looks like circles that fade out
from grey - on the bottom of the animation palette). Make sure that you've
got only Position checked, put in the number of frames you want the circle
to take to move from left to right, click okay and voila!  Putting the
motion blur on the object usually helps to make the animation look more
realistic.

This won't make your tiles appear letter by letter (at least I don't think
it will - I can't tell from your description) - but it does move an object
across the screen (of course you can check off Opacity instead of Position
to have your tiles fade in and out smoothly).

HTH,
Tara

--
Tara Cleveland