[thelist] Dynamic Artwork...

David U. davidu at everydns.net
Wed Aug 28 17:56:01 CDT 2002

Rob Smith wrote:
> --
>
> Hi List,
>
> I've got an interesting problem that I was hoping you could help me
> out with. I'm tasked with color coding state maps' counties based on
> specific statistical data. I can create the stand alone maps with
> color coded counties just fine. Is there a way to automate the
> coloring process? based on data from any database?

To do it the right way would be very complex but doable.

I'd use glib, gtklib, and the gimp as starting points with their respective
perl APIs.

If you don't want to get that complex you might be able to get away with
imagemagick but it really isn't that good at "redoing art" as opposed to
running filters or converting things.

-davidu