[thelist] Browser Stats

Nik Schramm n at industriality.com
Thu Aug 29 04:29:01 CDT 2002

Interesting thread, thank you both for not turning it into handbags at
10 paces. I enjoyed the arguments on both sides.

> doing business in SA is, no matter how you frame it, known to have a
> political impact on businesses... it's a known entity with known
> boycotts and embargoes in place (though not as extensive now) and
> commands a lot of political and activist attention (at least moreso
> than doing business in, say, Sweden would)...

This I found curious. Just out of interest: You *do* realize it's the
year 2002 and South Africa has been a democratic country for over 8
years, right ? What grounds are there for your assumption, that it is
the subject of *existing* boycotts and embargoes ? Is it because two
former heads of government are Nobel Peace Prize winners ? Is it because
there are companies who refuse to trade with a country where 10-20% of
the adult population are feared to suffer from AIDS ? Or are you fearing
boycott from some of the more baroque right-wing groups on earth ?

Just wondering...
--
/nik