[thelist] PHP Hosting - he.net (I'M WRONG)

David U. davidu at everydns.net
Fri Aug 30 08:44:01 CDT 2002

{ schaapy } wrote:
> I'm sorry guys - I ended up talking to he.net about this for awhile
> and they assured me that they DO NOT SELL out names.
>
> They gave me a couple ideas of how this could have happened but once
> again said they did not sell out a list.
>
> I need to apologies for jumping the gun on this one though :-(
> I just get so pissed off with SPAM and acted to quick.
>
> Next time I'll do more research on the issue - I'M SORRY everyone.

Aaron,

I didn't mean to be a poo, I just knew he.net didn't sell their customer
contact info.

I work with spam a lot (every day) and so I've seen this all before.

A good place to check to see if spam things are true is a newsgroup called:
news.admin.net-abuse.email (NANAE)

You can google them and see if their is any info on who you suspect to be
sending you spam.  he.net has a bad track record but it's cleaned up A LOT
in the last 12 months and that's why I would have been so surprised if they
were sending or supporting spam.

Thanks for getting to the bottom of this though.  If they had been spamming
you can bet I would have worked on moving our 20 boxes out pretty darn
quick!

-davidu