[thelist] copycat/squatting of domain name

evolt at zamba.com evolt at zamba.com
Wed Sep 4 00:08:01 CDT 2002

Hi Carole,

Seems like a nice little earner for the registry, get their attention by
copying the site, then apologize for this mysterious bad person who
"took advantage" of their free domain service (I wonder why?) but oh how
sad, we can't stop anyone else from registering it if they pay - hey,
that's an idea, why don't YOU register it then no-one else can...
problem solved (oh, there is a small fee...)!

Or am I just being a cynical old bastard?

Hmmm,

Tony Page