[thelist] Followup: Interfacing an unknown com object from ASP

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Wed Sep 4 04:03:01 CDT 2002

For those who remember this thread, where David Canfield and Ashok Hariharan
helped me with a problem regarding a .com object that was misbehaving I
thought I would post a follow-up.

We did solve the problem in the end - it was a case of the programmer having
to set variant types  for the function params (as you both suspected).
However we ended up ditching that supplier anyway and choosing another!

Thanks for the help guys!

.steve

<tip type=".com programming">

If you are getting problems from using ASP with a .com object that expects
LPSTR input for string type function parameters, try changing them to be a
VARIANT type instead.

</tip>