[thelist] Site Test (XHTML 1.0 Strict)

Geoff Sheridan web2k2 at premonition.co.uk
Wed Sep 4 08:32:01 CDT 2002

>As far as tables are
>concerned, I wanted to have quite strong deisgn control and having
>worked on major CSS only projects I know that I couldn't have achieved
>what I wanted to do with the site (including future plans) with a CSS
>only design.

Unless your aim is to have identical layout in NN4, there is almost
nothing you can do with tables that you can't do with CSS.
Minor exceptions include vertically centering content relative to the viewport.

<gauntlet>You tell us what you want to achieve, we'll show you how to
do it in CSS.</gauntlet>

Geoff