[thelist] domain renewal

Roger Harness magic32 at jps.net
Wed Sep 4 21:41:01 CDT 2002

Ok, kind of embarassing, as I *really* should know more about this.

Anyways, at one of the (few) sites I've taken over for, I've just received a
domain name renewal notice. They're asking a year for 45 bucks, or 2 for
$75.

When I show this to my boss, I'm thinking he's going to ask me (rightfully)
if/why can(t) I get it cheaper. MY domain name *is* cheaper, but is it
cool/safe to switch? And honestly, when they say  domain name renewal, do
they mean just to re-register it?

For the record, here's the exact email quote:

"Hello,

Your domain name is due for renewal by Nov 5th.  Please call me to make
arrangements

1 year $45
2 years $75"

Again, REALLY sorry to seem so clueless/dumb about this, but when my boss
asks me, I'm honestly not sure what to tell him. I've never really messed
with REnewing anything yet.

I'm looking at internic, verisign etc, just not entirely sure what I'm
looking for, ya know?

Jeez.

as always, TIA,

-Roger Harness