[thelist] NS 7, Mozilla problem

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 5 02:38:01 CDT 2002

>Yes, very.  I wasn't incredibly worried about it in Mozilla (I know, I
>know).  But the bug showing up in NS7 too... thats not good.  If anyone has
>any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.
>
>www.mccimaging.com

The problem is in Dreamweaver MM_JunkCode() stuff, so I suppose you'll have
to ask on a Dreamweaver list. The problem is here, all right (Moz 1.1
Win2000).

The files fpi-writevb.js and fpi-main.js do not exist, so the SCRIPT
includes don't work. I don't think it has anything to do with the problem,
but it might.

Otherwise the code is just too bloody complicated, spotting the error may
take days. I *think* that the style for the mouseovered links is wrong: it
contains far too much padding.

Try removing the doctype and see if that helps.

Check the normal and mouseover styles of the links and see if border+padding
is always the same. I once had a similar problem because of a 1px border
that slightly moved the element, giving a very ugly effect. Decreasing the
padding by 1px at the same time removed the problem.

ppk