[thelist] IE5Mac horizontal scrollbar bug solved

Sam sam at sam-i-am.com
Thu Sep 5 08:48:01 CDT 2002

hi ppk,
I worked a little on the same problem, and came up with a useful css
hack to target a rule just at MacIE5. This was in connection to some
problems I was having with scrolly divs - block elements set with
overflow: auto;

see:
http://sam-i-am.com/work/css/index.html
and
http://www.sam-i-am.com/testsuite/css/mac_ie5_hack.html
for the commented backslash hack.

I tried negative right margins and settled on right padding instead to
remedy the h. scrollbar problem - though now I can't remember why. And
your page seems fairly conclusive, so I'll defer to your testing there.

I never did solve the problem of the cropped content and scrolly divs
(where the content is hidden but still apparently present - forcing
scrollbars where none appear necessary)

nice work,
Sam