[thelist] CF Scheduler/Mail problems

Susan Wallace susanhw at webcastle.com
Thu Sep 5 10:02:00 CDT 2002

I am having a problem with the Scheduler in CF Server 5 Ent. (on NT)

I have a scheduled task that should send an e-mail to each person in a
query result list. This works just fine if I run the task manually. It does
not run if I schedule it.

I even setup a basic test page that was to send an e-mail to me through the
scheduler. It works if I run it manually, but if I wait for the scheduler
to do it, or if I click the "Run task now" icon in the scheduler, it does
not send the mail.

I get a success message both on the screen and in the log, I have turned on
all logging to try and find this, nothing shows up except "200 success". I
monitored the SPOOL folder, the mail file is never created.

I have two servers, basically identical. One of them will run the scheduled
task, including sending the e-mail, the other will not. I noticed that the
mail header identifies the CF Server as: CF 4.5.0, and in the Forums I saw
that someone claimed that Scheduler does not work properly with CFMAIL in
version 4.5 - but I am unable to verify that.

I have tried all suggested tricks from the Forums - i.e. renaming the task.
resetting the time, deleting and recreating the task, all to no avail. I
did not see anything related in Tech Notes... Has anyone seen this before?
Any suggestions? I am wondering if re-installing the product would help... ?

Thanks!
Susan Wallace