[thelist] CF: Request for Opinion

Frank framar at interlog.com
Fri Sep 6 15:20:00 CDT 2002

Friday, September 6, 2002, 10:47:12 AM, you wrote:

> and now, you dont have to lock, or hit the db, or any of that yucky stuff.

I thought as much. One of the reasons however that I must
use the database is because the variables are changeable by
the client. (What, for example do they do when they change
their phone number, or decide that they want to see more
than 10 results per list, etc...)

So far I have been caching queries, and setting them to
structs, or plain old app.variables.

> app.rootpath = 'c:\foo\bar\';
> app.imgfolder = '/img/';

This sort of thing I'm already doing. I find it interesting
how in the long run, that many people choose the same
methodologies. Guess we find the best solution according to
the nature of the tool.

As always, I appreciate your opinion.

[Tangent] Evolt has been one of the most useful, and
productive tools I've found in my years as a web-developer.
It's such a pleasure to speak with peers, when as a
freelancer, I know very few in my industry. It probably
never gets said enough: Thank you everyone!

--
Frank Marion,
framar at interlog.com