[thelist] Please help me kill MySQL on my iBook (before it kills me)

Mark Howells webdev at mountain.ch
Fri Sep 6 18:35:01 CDT 2002

I'm a newbie to Mac OS X's installation of MySQL and, to be honest, not
particularly proficient at setting up user rights and so on. In the
process of trying to learn something new, late on a Friday night, I've
managed to screw the privileges so badly that I am now totally unable
to access the "mysql" database and tables therein, either using one of
my new users or the root user, from the Terminal or using phpMyAdmin.

I've tried everything that Google and mysql.com can suggest and I think
I'm down to wiping mysql from my machine and starting again. Does
anyone know how to uninstall, eradicate, delete and kill MySQL (and its
data) on an iBook running Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar, so that I can reinstall
from scratch? Or am I faced with reinstalling the OS as well?

Hope that there's someone else coding and checking their Evolt! emails
this weekend...

: -(
Mark Howells
<http://www.mark.ac/>