[thelist] css and multiple links

Roger Harness magic32 at jps.net
Sat Sep 7 01:56:01 CDT 2002

Ok, I think I'm just missing an obvious step here. I know I can have
something like this for different states of my links:

a.:link { color: #FFFFFF; text-decoration: none ; font-weight:bold}
a.:active { color: FFFFFF; text-decoration: none ; font-weight:bold}
a.:visited { color: #FFFFFF; text-decoration: none ; font-weight:bold}
a.:hover { color: #00FF00; text-decoration: underline ; font-weight:bold}

And I know I could have 'custom' links:

a.navbar:link {color: aquamarine; text-decoration: none ;}
a.navbar:active { color: FFFFFF; text-decoration: none ; font-weight:bold}
etc.

but I can't seem to to wrap all my custom links in a div or span. To be
honest, i dont even know which one to use, but i can't get neither to work.
Is this not a do-able thing? Do I have to put my class="navbar" in each
anchor tag?? That seems as bad as just using font tags.

Am I just missing something really simple?

As always, thanks so much.

-Roger Harness