[thelist] Databases

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Sun Sep 8 07:19:33 CDT 2002

Speaking to a friend of mine who runs a one man computer repair/advice
service, he has asked me if I would be interested in doing some work for
him. He has had several offers of database related work which he has had to
let pass because he has no knowledge of them. I've created several small
database apps using Access and ASP, and I'm of the understanding that once
you know the basic concept of how db's work it isn't too hard to go from say
Access to SQL Server (please feel free to dispel this myth).
What I would like from any of you database gurus out there is a few links to
information about the differences between the two, general sites with
relevant FAQs, that sort of thing.

Thanks

Kevin Stevens
kjs at ratking.co.uk