[thelist] php mail problem... someone please shoot me!

Pablo Oliva poliva at cox.net
Mon Sep 9 17:15:01 CDT 2002

Robert, I apologize for my ignorance but the commands that you gave me:

> TELNET 127.0.0.1 25
> HELO
> Mail From:poliva at cox.net
> Rcpt To:poliva at cox.net
> DATA
> Subject: Test
> Blah blah blah blah
>
> .
>
> (That's: CR dot CR to end the data stream) After which
> you should see either an acknowledgement or denial and
> perhaps a verbose reason for the failure.

Would I telnet into port 25 first and then go ahead and enter the rest
of the commands, or do I need to send the whole string as one command...
I hope that I am making myself clear.  The reason that I ask is that I
am using putty telnet as the client, and I need to connect first to
127.0.0.1 on port 25, and then it gives me a "terminal window" to enter
the rest of the commands.  When I attempt to connect though the
connection is refused.