[thelist] Third-party stats recommendation

Chris George chrisg at gsnet.com
Mon Sep 9 23:42:07 CDT 2002

On 9/9/02 4:26 PM, "Jeff Haas" <jhaas at sfpinc.com> wrote:

> I'm looking for a stats package (inexpensive or free) for use on a small site.
> I've recently had some problems with WebTrendsLive and am looking to use
> something else. Can anyone recommend something really good?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Jeff

Hi!

We use Webalizer <http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/> and it works pretty
well. Does multiple languages especially well and seems to be pretty
maintenance free. The major benefit (we found) for us is that it still
tracked 'Visits' (for the Marketing Folk) - some of the others, like Analog
don't.

Although, in having said that, Analog w/ReportMagic is _way_ nicer looking,
imho.

Good luck!

Chris.