[thelist] ColdFusion: ODBC over mapped drives

Minh Lee Goon evolt at goonies.info
Tue Sep 10 11:59:00 CDT 2002

Dear evolt,
We're editing an ODBC datasource where the database file is located on a
mapped drive. The CF Administrator does not show the mapped drive, so we are
unable to select that file. We were able to set the ODBC DSN connection to
the .MDB file through the Windows 2000 ODBC control panel, but when we
access the CF page, we get this error:

Error Diagnostic Information
ODBC Error Code = S1009 (Invalid argument value)

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] '(unknown)' is not a valid path.
Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected
to the server on which the file resides.

Hint: The cause of this error is usually either (1) You have used an
incorrect data source name, or (2) You have changed the location of your
data source either by moving it or renaming one of its parent directories.
After moving a data source make sure you update its attributes using the
ColdFusion Administrator.

We did a search on the archives and renamed the service account to a domain
account that is a local administrator on both the cold fusion server and the
server where the .MDB file is located.  That should resolve the concerns
about the cold fusion service account running under localMachine.

Thanks for the feeback in advance ;-)

http://www.goonies.info/
Not the film. The family.