[thelist] ColdFusion: ODBC over mapped drives

Susan Wallace susanhw at webcastle.com
Tue Sep 10 12:36:01 CDT 2002

Hello,

It has been a while since I had to do this, so I may be off. Did you setup
your ODBC connection in the ODBC manager as a mapped drive? Or to a
connection to a Share on another server?

(i.e. \\SERVER_NAME\SHARE_NAME\FILE.mdb)

If I recall correctly, you can't setup the ODBC link to a file with a path
such as Z:\ShareName\FileName because it requires that the account be
logged in to the local machine in order for the share to exist.

If you login locally to the machine with the account that you gave to the
CF Service account, can you still access the share\file ?

Hopefully this will help you get started, it's most likely a permissions
issue - I have not done this on 2000, so there may be something else to try.

Good luck!
Susan Wallace