[thelist] Volunteering

Dean Mah dmah at members.evolt.org
Wed Sep 11 07:43:01 CDT 2002

Hi all,

We've had this e-mail sent through the evolt.org contact form.  Does
anyone have any advice for the writer?

Thanks,
Dean

On 09/10/2002 shirley singh wrote:
Hello,

I'm a writer based in Mumbai, India and am doing an article on "Online
resources for techie volunteer work" for Rediff.com. I wanted ask a
few questions for my story. Hope you can answer them.

questions:

1. How workable is volunteer work for a techie, from a career perspective?

2. What distinduishes the tech community at evolt.org from other
   similar sites like say, Techsoup.org or techies.com?

3. Could you suggest a few places (message boards, IRC, sites) techies
   can look for volunteer opportunities and others can look for techie
   help?

4. What are the drawbacks of volunteering?

Awaiting your reply,
warm regards,
shirley singh