[thelist] SQL record filtering

dn at dittodesign.co.uk dn at dittodesign.co.uk
Wed Sep 11 08:45:01 CDT 2002

Thanks Karen, joshua

> Which database?

Sorry should of said, Access.

> Defining the business rules will help here.

business rules ?

> How do you decide which of the
> products within a product type is appropriate to display on this page?

essentially any one product in the product types is suitable to use as a
link
to all the the matching products.

If that makes sense few to many products me thinks.
Maybe this url will make it a little clearer -

http://www.simply-connect.info/accessories_category.asp?Phone_Make=Nokia&Mas
ter_Category=Fascias&Phone_Model=3330

as you can see I get all records returned and would like just one from
each of the categories listed that could then be clicked on to show the
rest in that category.

Darren