[thelist] Volunteering

David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil
Wed Sep 11 11:27:01 CDT 2002

>There's no pay AND no tax right-off (at least in the USA) for time spent on
>the project, which may be considerable.  Only actual cost of materials is
>considered a tax deduction.

True:  http://www.sfcasa.org/articles/rewards_in_tax_law.htm

However, my wife and I have discussed a persistent rumour (can't confirm
online so far) that one of the initiatives supported by Pres. Bush (and
perhaps signed into law?) would absolutely allow for this, perhaps as early
as the upcoming tax filing season, as an effort to promote volunteer
services.

I may be completely wrong though, but I hope not. She does a lot of
volunteer work. :)

-dave