[thelist] SQL Server delays...

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Wed Sep 11 13:57:01 CDT 2002

At 11:41 AM 9/11/2002, Rob Smith wrote:

>I'm working in ASP 2.0 and SQL Server 2000 on a Win2k platform. I've got a
>web app. that does a minute amount updating and retrieving to my SQL Server.
>I'm experiencing abnormal delays in the processes. A normal response would
>be, for me, to query and get a response back immediately. My current delays
>are anywhere from 2 to 10 seconds in length. I'm querying the database for
>stuff on page 1, then I go to the next page on my command, and query once
>more.

Here's a couple of ideas:

Make sure your indexes are optimized for your queries.

Run performance monitoring and see what type of loads the server is
experiencing.

How much RAM in your server? Are you limiting MS SQL to a fixed amount of
RAM? Or is it eating up everything and leaving nothing for the OS?

Good Luck.
--
Anthony Baratta
President