[thelist] UK online banks for Mac users

Geoff Sheridan web2k2 at premonition.co.uk
Thu Sep 12 08:30:00 CDT 2002

Has anyone got a current account with decent online service in the UK?
Most either don't work at all or function very badly when using a Mac.
Egg online (credit card and savings) works great, but I need a decent
current account and Woolwich and Natwest (with whom I have current
accounts) have a service which is irritatingly slow to access.
(Woolwich being the worst offender with a practically unusable
service, while Natwest requires I fire up NN4 <shudder>)

Has anyone got any recommendations?

Geoff

<tip type="Better GIF compression">When compressing solid colour
artwork into a gif, remember to reduce the colour palate. 256 colours
is far too many for most images - except photos which should be jpg
compressed anyway. 4-8 colours is adequate for anti-aliased text. No
dither often looks best.</tip>