[thelist] Newbie throwing herself on your mercy

Kid Stevens kstevens89 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 13 01:36:00 CDT 2002

Ask sensible questions get sensible answers.  LOL Ask anytime.

The last time I used Apache on Windows it requires several items none
of which is on your computer.  First as for running on ME unless
somebody knows better it Apache on windows depends on NT's security
mechanism.

  Apache's own documents say NT4 and 2000.  Though it might run on 95
and 98 but is not tested.

Read page 190 and 191 of the Apache PDF document at
http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/apache-docs-1.3.23.pdf.zip

As for the tar.gz (gz=gzip) files after you get them decoded you
needed a C Compiler last time I installed a NT version.

Apache offers a better solution for Windows and that is using the
.MSI version of Apache installer.

As there are steep learning curves to compiling anything.  I think a
canned solution might better suit your purposes.  Linux has built in
compilers for Apache packages but you still need to know the tricks
and -"x" attributes for the packages and compiler.

A linux consultant that could set you up for a low fee and teach you
basic linux and apache admin would help go a long ways.

--
Sincerely,
Kid Stevens

"I need nothing more than a good woman, a good Harley(optional),
good music and good children for the good of my soul."