[thelist] Mysql system path ???

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Sat Sep 14 10:43:01 CDT 2002

John Handelaar wrote:

> % When I type in [ mysql -u  -p < sql/table_create.sql ] it tells
> % me that the system can't find the path specified. How can I find
> % out where it's looking so I can make sure the file is there?
>
> You're missing the name of the database you want to import to.

That *could* be in the table_create.sql file (i.e.,"USE inventory;")

I think the original problem is that the mysql executable looks for
relative paths starting where it's installed -- /usr/bin/mysql or
whatever -- so the easiest fix is to use an absolute path:

mysql -u  -p < /etc/projects/sql/table_create.sql

FWIW!
--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

     -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --