[thelist] billing clients

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 14 20:57:01 CDT 2002

Everyone's thoughts have been real helpful. This is my second go
around at freelancing, I did it for 2 years previously. I agree that
planning and stating things up front is huge. I have also ended up
eating time on occasion, but I think that happens to all of us. I
also don't bill for learning time.

As for keeping track - on the PC I found a KILLER tool. Its called

AllNetic Working Time Tracker

You can grab it on download.com I think. Totally freeware, and it
rocks. You set up a project, set as many tasks as you like, and just
use it like a stopwatch. Its smart enough to know when you stopped
working and time is running, and asks you "hey, did  you want to
count that time?" which is nice if you forget to turn it off.

Tom

=====
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();

http://www.pixelmech.com/